Vitamin D3 and K2 Potential
There are two forms of Vitamin D
Vitamin D2 – (ergocalciferol) AND Vitamin D3 – (cholecalciferol) and alfacalidol.
Vitamin D2 we access through our diet, i.e fortified foods, some supplements and mushrooms (which have been grown in UV light). Vitamin D2 is also cheaper to manufacture.
Vitamin D3 is supplied from the sunshine that our bodies convert into D3.
However, with fast changing times, busy lives, our environment, etc there is high chance that you aren’t getting enough Vitamin D3.
Here’s why you may not be getting enough Vitamin D3:
- Depending on where your country of residence, i.e UK, your sunshine hours may not be adequate.
- If you do live in a place where there is adequate sunshine, you may live in a highly industrial/polluted area.
- You may work long hours inside.
- Many cover up and/or use sunscreen with high SPF for long periods of the day when outside.
- Many living in high density/city areas,
The correct amount of Vitamin D can be very crucial for:
- Maintenance of bone structure, teeth and muscle function.
- Assisting the function of your immune system.
- Helping to assist in regulating calcium and phosphorus levels.
- Promoting healthy bones and teeth.
- Supporting your brain and nervous system.
- Regulating insulin levels and supporting diabetes.
- Supporting lung function and cardiovascular health.
- Flu and cold symptoms.
Some excerpts in a article written by Dr Mark Sircus in The New Zealand Journal of Natural Medicine. This article is written concerning Covid-19 and it’s corrulation to the importance of Vitamin D and Magnesium.
1.’‘Vitamin D and magnesium (Mg) are some of the most studied medicine topics, with enormous implications for human health and disease. The majority of adults today are deficient in vitamin D and magnesium. By keeping people out of the sun with lockdowns, the situation has only worsened to the point where we can begin to see that the lockdowns/solar deprivation is at the heart of COVID hospitalization and deaths. Severe deficiencies in D and deficiencies in magnesium contribute to death by viral infection and death by COVID-19.”
2. ”Magnesium plays a key role in determining how much vitamin D our bodies can make. It’s medically sound to assume that people whose magnesium intake is high are less likely to have a vitamin D insufficiency than people whose magnesium levels are low”.
3. ”Magnesium assists in the activation of vitamin D, which helps regulate calcium and phosphate homeostasis to influence the growth and maintenance of bones. All of the enzymes that metabolize vitamin D seem to require magnesium, which acts as a cofactor in the liver and kidneys’ enzymatic reactions”.
Here is the Link to the Full article, good reading in my opinion.
The YES exclusive brand of Vitamin D is 100% plant based (from Tree Lichen) which is naturally rich in Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) and fatty acids.
It has been naturally bio activated via they ARP (Advanced Resonant Plasma) Technology, making it more conductive and therefore more effective at a cellular level.
It produced with zero pesticides or any harmful solvents.
Dosage: From our understanding many RDA’s may not be correct:
We suggest: For an average adult you need 30,000IU’s daily and 50,000IU’s in case of flu or other health challenges.
To purchase in NZ Vitamin D3 and VitK2 click here
To Purchase OUTSIDE NZ Click Here