Ashitaba – Keisheki
Ashitaba, is a excellent source of B12 AND B Vitamins. This herbal plant is commonly found in Japan and has long been used for many medicinal benefits. Considered a superfood in Japan for its longevity and many supporting roles to health.
- Excellent for blood/cell building and blood/cell production.
- Liver and kidney health.
- Brain and Cardio.
- Nourishing to the skin and hair.
- Nerve health.
- Digestive benefits.
- Blood regulating, so great assistance for diabetes.
- Chronic Fatigue support.
- Keeping the body regular.
I will focus on B12 as more and more people are switching to plant based lifestyles (thankfully) and B12 has long been treated as a hard vitamin to source and essential for many reasons as you will see below.
Vitamin B12’s assisting role:
- Regulates nerve system,which assists our concentration, and reflexes.
- Breaks down food and assists with absorption.
- Converts carbs into glucose and controls cholesterol.
- Skin and hair are looked after by Vitamin B12 by assisting in cellular regeneration of new cells. calming red patches, reducing skin irritation.
- Has a positive effect on emotion and stress, even depression.
- Supportive in the aging process.
- As a longevity herb it is loaded with nutrients, chlorophyll, fiber, enzymes, proteins, carotene, chalcones, saponins, and more. Ashitaba has powerful antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral, and antifungal properties which come from the sticky yellow sap of the plant, which are called chalcones.
- ‘Chalcone’ the plant chemical that comes from the sticky yellow sap has two types of Polyphenols (compounds from plants that protect the plant from ultraviolet radiation and has powerful antioxidant properties). Chalcone is believed to has an active ingredient that assist with its benefit as a diuretic, laxative and supporting metabolism. The sticky yellow sap can also assist with boils, skin conditions and skin healing.
- Blood building for new cells, purifies, detoxifies, which assists your filter organs, i.e kidneys and liver for maintaining homeostasis in the body’s regulating system support youth and longevity.
As you can see Ashitaba is a wonderful herb for many benefits and taken regularly with support your body in many ways. Of course particularly essential to Vegans.
Including Ashitaba in the diet can cleanse the blood and promote blood circulation, regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels, reduce allergies, sinus problems, joint and muscle pain, blood pressure and smooth muscle spasms in the arteries and bronchial tubes, improve vision and memory, enhance liver and kidney function, normalize cells, prevent osteoporosis and thrombus, strengthen the immune system, suppress gastric acid secretion, promote metabolism and act as a sedative.
Ashitaba also possesses antibacterial and antiviral properties and is a potent antioxidant which protects the organs from destructive free radicals and slows the aging process. It also enhances smooth bowel movements which promotes detoxification and acts as an effective diuretic to remove toxic waste from the body. The active substance, xanthoangelol, in the roots of Ashitaba provide anti-tumor and ant metastatic activities
Ashitaba is a detoxifier, which helps remove heavy metals such as mercury, lead etc. which have been found even in mother’s milk. It promotes a better immune system with healthy milk for babies. It also restores the efficient function of organs, especially the liver and kidneys as an effective blood purifier and detoxifier.
Ashitaba is useful in treating menstrual cramps and pains and menopause symptoms, gynecological conditions and can provide options beyond hormone replacement therapy and hysterectomies.
The production of nerve growth factor (NGF) is enhanced by several compounds contained in Ashitaba. NGF is a protein essential in the development and survival of certain neurons in both the central and peripheral nervous systems. This protein is effective in preventing and treating Alzheimer type dementia and diabetic peripheral neuropathy and as yet cannot be manufactured. However NGF production enhancers such as ashitaba can pass through the blood brain barrier to work in the brain and increase the NGF concentration.
Ashitaba is recommended for diabetics as it has the ability to normalize blood sugar levels. A diabetes patient in Japan took Ashitaba powder daily for six months and his blood sugar level dropped from 400 mg/dl to 150 mg/dl.
Significant components in Ashitaba:
Ashitaba is also a rich source of coumarins which are potent antioxidants found to contain anti-carcinogenic properties. It also contains chalcones, 4-hydroxy delisin glycosides, 4-Hydroxy De Ricin, xanthoangelol, xanthoangelol-E and melatonin.
It also contains vitamin A (retinol), vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B7 (biotin), vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin B12, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium, copper, germanium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, sulfur and zinc.
Ashitaba is rich in chlorophyll, the green pigment present in plants that is responsible for collecting and storing energy from the sun. Because the chlorophyll molecule is almost identical to the hemoglobin molecule in red blood cells it is often referred to as ‘nature’s blood’. One of its many attributes includes its ability to stimulate the production of red blood cells, which carry oxygen to the body’s tissues. It is also an excellent agent for cleansing the blood and liver and promotes the growth of ‘friendly’ intestinal bacteria.
Ashitaba contains water based (hydrophilic) antioxidants that are more potent than those found in green tea. Ashitaba contains 6.20. Sage tea contains 4.67 and green tea 3.50.
The leaves, stems and roots can be consumed as a vegetable or salad ingredient and tea can be made from the leaves. The recommended dosage for medicinal purposes is one teaspoon of Ashitaba powder taken in the morning and evening in a small amount of juice, followed by a glass of water. Ashitaba has a sweet herb-like taste and has no known contraindications.
This Ashitaba Powder is bio activated with Advanced Resonant Plasma (ARP) Technology, so instantly makes it more effective and longer lasting at a cellular level.
Here is My B12 Blast Lifeforce Tonic, delightful!