Vegan Butter Nutter
Making this vegan butter is very easy and a great alternative to dairy butter. When using an oil, I recommend a light oil so as not to overpower the butter with the oil's flavour, I used an organic Sunflower oil in this recipe. A light Olive oil would be fine or Avocado Oil. I do not recommend Canola and Soy in any recipes.
- Small Saucepan
- Electric Whisk
- Butter Dish
- 1 Cup Refined Organic Coconut Oil (240ml) NOT cold pressed extra virgin for this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 Cup Organic Almond Milk Or any other organic non-dairy you prefer
- Pinch Himalayn Salt
- pinch Organic Turmeric (if you want the 'butter' look).
- Lightly heat coconut oil in saucepan.
- Once completely melted, add almond milk, sunflower oil, salt and Turmeric.
- Mix thoroughly and pop in fridge for 10-15 mins to cool. (leave in saucepan to save on dishes.
- Now, whisk for a few minutes to completely combines all ingredients.
- Pour into butter dish and let set in fridge.
- This butter will keep well for 2-3 weeks and will make approx 2 cups butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!