These Chickpeas are a great snack and with the Immunity Mix I add in you know its a family winner! Rich source of fibre, vitamins and protein. The bowl is a bit empty, because I couldn't keep my mitts off!
- 1 Cup Organic Chickpeas Soaked overnight
- 2-3 Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp 12 Mushroom Immunity Mix
- 1/2 tsp Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Organic Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Himilayan Salt
- Drain chickpeas and dry off on teatowel.
- Heat Oven to 400°F
- Place chickpeas, salt and 2 Tbsp Oil only in bowl and mix thoroughly. Leave out the spices until the end.
- Pour into baking tray. Every 5 mins or so give the chickpeas in the tray a good stir around to keep them covered in the salt.
- In a bowl combine some more oil, immunity mushroom mix, cumin and smoked paprika and mix thoroughly. In the last 5 minnutes, reduce the oven down a bit and add in spices, with a spoon thoroughly cover the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins. *IMPORTANT TIP! By adding in the spices last you are avoiding the spices burning.
- Remove from oven once cooked. Eat warm for chewiness or let cool and the crunch will come in!
Have a play around with the spices, if you like a little heat add in 1/4 tsp of chili powder. Turmeric and curry are a great combo too! To cut down time on this recipe you could use a canned chickpeas, I just prefer to do it from scratch. Chickpeas are a great source of fibre, vitamins and protein, so great if you are vegan or vegetarian.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!