Raw Buckwheat and Chia Porridge
Buckwheat and Chia Porridge
Found this lovely recipe from the 'The Raw Kitchen' book. Tweaked it (as I do) a bit to suit my every increasing health lifestyle.The Turmeric, Golden Ray Liquid Light (OMG!) Vit C, are highly anti-inflammartory and great to add in daily.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 1 Serving Bowls
- ½ Cup Raw Sprouted Organic Bucketwheat.
- ½ tsp Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cup Organic Almond Mylk
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Cream
Smoothie Fruit and Supplements
- ½ Banana
- Any organic seasonal fruit
- Toasted sesame seedsd
- Sprinkle of organic pumpkin seeds
- Organic chopped up nuts is desired.
- If you dont already have sprouted buckwheat on hand, then rinse thoroughly and soak the buckwheat in clean water for 2 hours to activate the buckwheat and cover.
- Now, make the smoothie. Place ½ Banana, Mango and any other desired fruit, supplements, coconut cream, almond mylk and a high speed blender and whiz up thoroughly.
- Into a bowl pour in your smoothie, add soaked buckwheat, and let sit for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, this gives the chia seeds time to activate. Chill for 15mins.
Make up Your Porridge
- In your serving bowl pour in the porridge, add in any fruit if you like, but you do already have fruit in the smoothie. Add the topping! Volah!
Turmeric powder doesn't absorb into the body very well, but the coconut cream is a great fat and acts as a carrier for the Turmeric. As Turmeric is such a great anti-inflammatory spice you want it to be effective. Alternatively you could use half an avocado and this will give the smoothie a nice creamy texture, it will also make the smoothie quite filling. Organic Quinoa is also another wonderful plant based alternative to porridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!