Crucial minerals like Magnesium and Sulphur (MSM)can be greatly depleted our bodies if we don’t keep an eye on what we are eating. Particularly with our soils being constantly hammered with modern agriculture, which results in very, very little nutrients in our food as a result. Magos Minerals provides your body with a mineral rich solution that is easily applied to the body.
Magos Minerals have created a unique application to assist your body in readily absorbing these two very important minerals. Our our skin is the largest organ in our body, so for rapid absorption Magos Minerals designed an oil spray application or gel application, thereby bypassing the digestion process and going directly into your tissues.
Perfect for after after gym or training workouts to assist in muscle fatigue, Magnesium and Organic Sulphur are a great substitute for mineral replacement after a sweaty workout!
Magnesium, being a crucial element for health and disease, it is the second most abundant intracellular cation and has been identified as a cofactor in over 300 enzymatic reactions. Some important facts about Magnesium:Energy metabolism and protein and nucleic acid synthesis comes from Magnesium
- Approximately 50% of the total magnesium in the body is present in skeletal muscle and soft tissue, and the other 50% in the bone.
- Less than 1% of the total body magnesium is present in blood.
- Magnesium deficiency may cause weakness, tremors, seizures, cardiac arrhythmias, hypokalemia, (low potassium levels in the blood), and hypocalcemia ( low calcium levels in the blood serum).
- The causes of hypomagnesemia are reduced intake (poor nutrition or IV fluids without magnesium), reduced absorption (chronic diarrhea, malabsorption, or bypass/resection of bowel), redistribution (exchange transfusion or acute pancreatitis), and increased excretion (medication, alcoholism, diabetes mellitus, renal tubular disorders, hypercalcemia, hyperthyroidism, aldosteronism (is excess production of the hormone aldosterone by the adrenal glands resulting in low renin levels), stress, or excessive lactation).
- A large segment of the U.S. population may have an inadequate intake of magnesium and may have a chronic latent magnesium deficiency that has been linked to atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, hypertension, cancer, kidney stones, premenstrual syndrome, and psychiatric disorders. Hypermagnesemia is primarily seen in acute and chronic renal failure, and is treated effectively by dialysis.
- Magnesium deficiency, especially prevalent in older populations, is linked to insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease, and osteoporosis.
Benefit of Magos Minerals: – Magnesium
- Bone health (50% of magnesium is stored in the bone) Magnesium is important for bone formation; it helps with the assimilation of calcium into bone and plays a role in activating vitamin D in the kidneys (vitamin D is also essential for healthy bones). Optimal magnesium intake is associated with greater bone density and improved bone crystal formation, as well as a lower risk of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Diabetes – Magnesium plays an important role in carbohydrate and glucose metabolism, so it is no wonder magnesium status has an effect on diabetes.
- Heart health – Magnesium assist to maintain the health of muscles, including the heart, and for the transmission of electrical signals in the body. Adequate magnesium intake has been associated with a lower risk of atherosclerosis (fatty buildup on the walls of arteries) and hypertension (high blood pressure). More recently, several studies have found that a high intake of calcium without sufficient magnesium could increase the risk of arterial calcification and cardiovascular disease, as well as kidney stones.
- Premenstrual Syndrome – People experiencing premenstrual syndrome may be able to alleviate symptoms such as bloating, insomnia, leg swelling, weight gain, and breast tenderness by ensuring adequate intake of magnesium. Magnesium combined with vitamin B6 appears to be more effective.
- Relieving anxiety – Reductions in magnesium, or alterations in the way that it is processed have been found to increase levels of anxiety. This appears to be through activity in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis – a set of three glands that controls our reaction to stress.
- Research has shown that a low-magnesium diet alters the types of bacteria present in the gut and alters anxiety-based behavior.
Some other foods Sources of Magnesium:
- Clean water accounts for 10% of daily magnesium intake.
- Chlorophyll (from your green vegetables) is the major source of magnesium. But as our soils can be poorly fed and striped of any significant amounts of minerals, you may need to get another source.
- Nuts, seeds and unprocessed cereals are also rich in magnesium.
- Legumes- fruit – meat and fish have an intermediate magnesium concentration.
- Low magnesium concentrations are found in dairy products.
Organic Sulphur: OS – (MSM) Methyl- Sulfonyl – Methane
Sulfur enables the transport of oxygen across cell membranes, and oxygen is necessary for healthy cellular regeneration in mammals. Plants, on the other hand, require carbon dioxide for cell regeneration, and plants can store sulfur, while man cannot. Man eliminates carbon dioxide, and plants eliminate oxygen. Thus, the sulfur cycle is symbiotic and vital for life as we know it. Again, we could get all the sulfur we need if our soil was loaded with lots of minerals, but it is not, so we need to make our own changes and maybe some additions to our diet.
Benefits of Magos Minerals – Organic Sulfur – (MSM)
- Cell wall Permeability and Detoxification: One of the most important features of MSM is that it makes your cells more perme-able. MSM softens the cell walls, providing an exit for toxins and waste products to be washed out of cells, whilst opening a gate for essential nutrients and hydration to the cells. MSM has a remarkable ability to break up the bad calcium that’s at the root of degenerative diseases.
- Treats Inflammation: MSM is a powerful anti-inflammatory due to its ability to allow metabolic wastes to be removed from the cells. When the water pressure inside a cell is greater than the water pressure on the outside of the cell, there is inflammation and swelling … the outer and intercellular fluid pressures are not equal. MSM enhances the permeability of the cell walls, therefore allowing the pressure on both sides of the wall to equalise, thus relieving the inflammation. MSM takes inflammation out of soft tissue and since pain comes from nerves in inflamed soft tissue, there is often relief from the pain of such inflammatory ailments as arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, fibromyalgia, gout, and many other rheumatic conditions. It further improves circulation and cell vitality.
- Diabetics and Hypoglycemia: MSM (OS) is used by the pancreas to produce insulin. The sugar the blood transports to the cells of diabetics cannot be absorbed if the cell wall is impermeable as suggested in some studies of diabetics. MSM makes cell walls more permeable. Permeable cell walls can easily receive blood sugar so less insulin is demanded. Several months of consistent MSM increases the body’s ability to produce insulin.
- Joint Flexibility and Muscle Cramps: Collagen is the dominant component of connective tissue and bones. Collagen cannot be made in the body unless MSM supplementation is present, so damaged cartilage cannot be repaired without MSM. Clinical research has shown that MSM is highly effective in improving joint flexibility, reduces stiffness and swelling. It helps to produce flexible skin and muscle tissue.MSM relieves muscle cramps, spasms and night leg cramps; reduces muscle inflammation, promotes healing in the muscles and prevents them from becoming sore. Athletes, in particular, benefit from this as the intake of additional MSM dramatically increases their recovery time. MSM increases the ability of the body to eliminate waste products at the cellular level. This speeds recovery and frees up more energy for rebuilding.
- Naturally Increases Energy: Due to the increased permeability of the cells, less energy is required to deal with the accumulation of toxins. This results in more energy being redirected towards activity and necessary healing. OS/MSM also increases the absorption of nutrients so that the energy expenditure on digestion is vastly reduced.
- Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails: Collagen is critical for the production of healthy skin, hair and nails. Sagging skin and wrinkles, as well as dry, cracked skin are a result of a loss of collagen. MSM provides the sulfur needed to normalise collagen formation, and so revitalise the skin. It is one of the main ingredients in moisturizing creams. MSM also contributes to exceptional strength & thickness of the hair & nails, which may occur in just a couple of weeks of consistent use. It has been shown to be highly effective in the treatment of skin conditions like acne, eczema and psoriasis as it strengthens weakened immune system, often a precursor to such conditions.
- Helps Weight Reduction: Excess weight on the body may actually be inflammation. The cells of the body may be chroni- cally inflamed, retaining by-product toxins. Sulfur needs to be present in order for these toxins and wastes to be removed from the body and MSM provides that Sulfur.
- Vitamin Absorption: MSM supplementation helps our body utilize the vitamins that we take, providing the means to derive the maximum benefit from them.
- MSM and Protein: Sulfur has a vital relationship with protein, since Sulfur is found in the amino acids methionine, cystine, and cysteine. These amino acids are known as the Sulfur bearing amino acids, and considered the building blocks of protein. Sulfur as found in MSM is the flexible bond between proteins.
- Improves Lung function: MSM detoxifies and increases the blood’s circulation of oxygen.
- Reduction or Elimination of Allergies: An allergic reaction is simply your bodys’ reaction to something foreign in your system. These foreign proteins & free radicals invade your body and cause reactions and problems. Your body responds with a sneeze, wheeze, swollen, puffy eyes, etc. MSM eliminates so-called “free radicals” and so allergies may be eliminated.
- Anti-Cancer: MSM has been studied for possible anti- cancer effects as it oxygenates the cells, which in turn creates an aerobic environment unfavourable to cancer.
- Sports & Athletes Nutrition: MSM can restore vitality for busy daily activities with its restorative support of connective tissues.
- Neutralise Chlorine & Flouride: MSM taken to neutralise high concentrations of chlorine & flouride which inhibit oxygen and Sulfur distribution, and uptake
- Better Kidney Function: MSM helps promote better kidney function more efficiently. Water retention problems due to bad kidney function can be improved or even alleviated
- Alleviates Chronic Headaches: MSM helps alleviate chronic headaches by increasing circulation to the brain cells.
- PH Balance: MSM is essential in maintaining the bodys’ crucial acid/alkaline pH balance.
Other food sources of Sulfur:
- Coconut milk, juice, oil
- Cruciferous veggies, including: bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, horseradish, kale, kohlrabi, mustard leaves, radish, turnips, watercress
- Dairy (except butter) , Eggs
- Dried fruit
- Legumes and dried beans
- Lime/lemon juice in bottle
- Meat and fish
- Onions (leeks, shallots, chives also), Garlic